Lee Jun-fan, aka Bruce Lee, a Hong Kong and American martial artist, actor, philosopher, filmmaker, and founder of the martial art Jeet Kune Do.
Born: November 27, 1940, Chinatown, San Francisco, CA
Died: July 20, 1973, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Spouse: Linda Lee Cadwell (m. 1964–1973)
Children: Brandon Lee, Shannon Lee
- Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
- I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
- To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
- A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
- If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
- Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.